Unavoidable school closure Friday 2 March

A Note from the Chair of Governors

Dear Parents and Carers,

Mrs Longstaff has been down to school this afternoon to look at the conditions on site and to assess the safety and possibility of reopening the school tomorrow. Unfortunately, the on-going weather conditions have made it impossible¬†for our site supervisor and staff to clear the drive and access/fire doors during the day today and there is more snow forecast overnight. If you’ve been passed the school today you will have noticed the the heavy drifting of snow across the entrance to the school, and some very icy conditions as well.

With the safety of children, parents and staff in mind, and the forecast conditions overnight, Mrs Longstaff and I have made the decision to close the school tomorrow. We hope this early notice of closure will enable you to plan more easily for tomorrow.

The site supervisor and some staff will be on site tomorrow and over the weekend and will be trying to ensure that the school is accessible and safe to open on Monday. We are hoping that we can do so, but will communicate in the usual way if not.

Anna Preece, Chair of Governors

Posted on March 1, 2018