Year 2 2019 - 2020
Y2 class teacher, KS1, PSHE and AGT lead.
Welcome to Year 2
Following school closure due to the coronavirus, please see the weekly timetable below for your child to follow for their home learning. New lessons for each week will be available in the 'Files to download' section at the bottom of the page.
Please mark your child's work and try to guide them with their corrections. Where work can be returned to me, you can upload this via the pupil login page or send me an email with the work attached. Just one or two pictures is fine!
Should you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Get up, eat breakfast, and get dressed and ready for the day!
Get active with Joe Wicks at 9am. You can find the link below.
(See the maths grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Break- have a break, enjoy a snack, and maybe play a short game.
(See the English grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Spelling (Access the spelling zone using the login details below and practise the spelling list on ‘files to download’)
Curriculum (see the curriculum grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Reading (You can find books on ‘My book shelf’ on the oxford owl login)
Check todays work with an adult. Have some ‘me time’. You can also access the web links suggested in 'useful websites' for further learning and activities.
Maths Home Learning- Year 2- Week 18th May 2020
* We now have access to Numbots. This a great resource to help with number fluency. Your child can access this using their Times Tables Rockstars login.*
Points to note;
- This week’s learning is not new learning, your child should be able to complete each day’s activity successfully.
- Please don’t race ahead as each day’s lesson is more than enough and builds up knowledge and understanding in small steps.
- Please take photos to show me of your child’s home learning or of their exercise book so I can see how they are doing! Email is fine: firstname.lastname@example.org or they can upload it to our Y2 discussion page on the website.
- Please continue to practise basic maths skills such as counting, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication, money and time.
- I have added some 'addition and subraction additional problems' to the files. These are extra questions your child may wish to have a go at. These questions have the answers on the next slide after each question.
**Please download the daily lessons for Maths in the 'files to download' section below**
English Home Learning- Year 2- Week 18th May 2020
Dear Y2 children, Parents and Carers,
This week, the focus is Amazing Birds! Prepare to be amazed! Over the next week, enjoy finding out all about our amazing feathered friends, using a range of texts, online resources and articles. Scroll to the bottom of the planning for additional activities.
Enjoy the unit and I look forward to hearing how you got on!
**Please download the daily lessons for English in the 'files to download' section below**
Spelling practise and Reading
Click on 'My class login'
Please practise spelling rules here and also access reading books. Please also practise the spellings for each week on 'files to download' section below.
18th May- This weeks spellings- please help your child to practise the common excepion words they find tricky and quiz your child on these at the end of the week. See the common exception words in the files to download.
Curriculum Home Learning- Year 2- Week 18th May 2020
Please see the daily lessons for curriculum in the 'files to download' below. Supporting worksheets will also be here to download. If you need any help with these activities or anything is unclear, please do not hestitate to contact me.
The Body Coach Joe Wickes will be putting on live PE lessons each week day from 9am. They will be 30 minute workouts aimed at children of all ages. You can find ‘PE with Joe’ on the Youtube channel ‘The Body CoachTV’.
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display