Year 2 2019 - 2020
Y2 class teacher, KS1, PSHE and AGT lead.
Welcome to Year 2
Here is this weeks home learning. Enjoy and keep smiling!
Remember, you are doing a great job. Don't forget to let me know what you're up to! Send me some photos please :-) My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to everyone who sent me some fantastic work last week! Keep working hard.
Try to continue to follow the timetable below:
Get up, eat breakfast, and get dressed and ready for the day!
Get active with Joe Wicks at 9am. You can find the link below.
(See the maths grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Break- have a break, enjoy a snack, and maybe play a short game.
(See the English grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Spelling (Access the spelling zone using the login details below and practise the spelling list on ‘files to download’)
Curriculum (see the curriculum grid on ‘files to download’ for your daily lessons)
Reading (You can find books on ‘My book shelf’ on the oxford owl login)
Check todays work with an adult. Have some ‘me time’. You can also access the web links suggested in 'useful websites' for further learning and activities.
Maths Home Learning- Year 2- Week 13th July 2020
* We now have access to Numbots. This a great resource to help with number fluency. Your child can access this using their Times Tables Rockstars login.*
Points to note;
- The lesson worksheets and answers are now attached to this page in 'Files to download' . Select and download the worksheet for the day you are working on.
- This week’s learning is not new learning, your child should be able to complete each day’s activity successfully.
- Please don’t race ahead as each day’s lesson is more than enough and builds up knowledge and understanding in small steps.
- Please take photos to show me of your child’s home learning or of their exercise book so I can see how they are doing! Email is fine: email@example.com or they can upload it to our Y2 discussion page on the website.
- Please continue to practise basic maths skills such as counting, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication, money and time.
**Please download the daily lessons, videos and worksheets in the 'files to download' section below**
English Home Learning- Year 2- Week 13th July 2020
**Please download the daily lessons for English in the 'files to download' section below**
I have also added some handwriting practise sheets. Please try to complete these as often as possible. You can print them multiple times and keep practising to perfect your writing. Thank you.
Spelling practise and Reading
Click on 'My class login'
Please practise spelling rules here and also access reading books. Please also practise the spellings for each week on 'files to download' section below.
Curriculum Home Learning- Year 2- Week 13th July 2020
Please see the daily lessons for curriculum in the 'files to download' below. Supporting worksheets will also be here to download. If you need any help with these activities or anything is unclear, please do not hestitate to contact me.
The Body Coach Joe Wickes will be putting on live PE lessons each week day from 9am. They will be 30 minute workouts aimed at children of all ages. You can find ‘PE with Joe’ on the Youtube channel ‘The Body CoachTV’.
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display