Year 5 2023 - 2024
Year 5 class teacher.
Welcome to Year 5!
The class teacher is Miss Mallon and the amazing Miss Smith is our teaching assistant this year. We are looking forward to a wonderful year full of learning and exciting opportunities.
Please see our Autumn newsletter below to find out about our learning.
- This half term our PE is on a Wednesday. Please send your child in their PE kit.
- Swimming is on a Tuesday during Autumn term. Children should come in school uniform and bring their swimming kit with them. If goggles are required, please send in a permission slip with your child. All children with long hair need it tied back and under a swimming cap. These can be bought at the swimming baths (Marl Pits).
- Spellings: Children will be tested on their year 5/6 high frequency words every week.
- Homework will be on Century Tech. This will be set as and when necessary to assist the children's learning.
- Times Table Rockstars: Children should login and practice 3 times per week
Emails will be responded to within 48 hours, so if you need a prompt reply to any questions or concerns, please contact me using one of the following ways:
- Speak to me on the junior yard in the afternoon (Miss Smith is available on Wednesdays)
- Contact the school office and they will pass a message to me
See below our non-chronological reports! We created our own mythical creatures, inspired by Mr Tumnus from Narnia, that we will use when we re-write a section of Narnia next week!
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display