Primary PE and Sport Funding
Schools are allocated a sum of money, called the Primary PE and Sport Funding to support all children and improve the quantity, quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. The allocation is calculated according to the intake of the school, and the school must decide how best to use the money to improve the breadth and quality of PE and sport provision, including increased participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Vision for PE at Britannia
All pupils to leave primary school physically literate with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity & sports.
- to engage all pupils in regular physical activity to promote healthy lifestyles
- to raise the profile of PE across the school
- to increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in the teaching of high quality PE and sport
- to provide a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- to increase the participation in competitive sport
- to ensure that PE is inclusive and that there is equality of opportunity for all children regardless of disability, gender, race or ability
Our indicative Primary PE and Sport Funding for 2023-2024 is £17830 . At Britannia Primary School we have decided to use this money to:
- ensure staff are highly trained and confident in teaching all areas of the PE curriculum
- ensure that the PE lead is up to date with current affairs and current best practice
- to engage all children in competeitive sport as well as 'taking part events'
- to engage children in school swimming t meet the national standards
- provide children with skills for life such as learning to ride a bike
- provide children with access to free clubs in new and interesting sports
Please find the reviews of spending as files to download at the bottom of this page.