Mission Statement, Values & Ethos
Our mission is “Every child counts, every moment matters."
Values and Ethos
Britannia Community Primary School offers a distinct education in an inclusive environment.
We aim to provide excellent learning opportunities, promoting achievement in every area and nurturing social, emotional and spiritual well-being.
As our children gain confidence and skills we hope that they will go on to become caring, resilient and respectful young people. They will take their place in society as active citizens, economically independent, exemplifying the British values of equality, tolerance, democracy, individual liberty and rule of law.
All adults at Britannia Community Primary School have a commitment to the well being and safety of all our children. We see our school as an inclusive community.
There is an ethos of challenge and a sense of purpose in children’s learning coming from high expectations in the learning and teaching throughout the school. We welcome a broad and balanced curriculum, and celebrate all achievements both social and academic.
As a Community School our values of kindness, respect, honesty and friendship align with those values identified by the Government as "British values".
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
- encourage respect for other people; and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes.
We teach the children about our school values through our "Britannia Bees":
- be kind and respectful
- be honest and truthful
- be a good listener and learner
- be proud of yourself and school
- be positive and aim high
- be a true friend.